Learn the 10 Powerful Tips to Use for Pinterest Success below.
Pinterest is another social networking site that is exploding in popularity. Although, unique in style from Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest has the same concept in terms of attracting likes, comments and followers. You can pin videos, images, photos, etc., to your pin-boards and share it with your followers:
1. Use Pinterest Buttons
– The “Pin-It” button is the first thing you want to install in your browser. Then you can easily pin images and info from other sites to your pinboard(s).
– There is also a “Pin-It” widget you can download to invite people to pin images from your site to their pinboard(s). You can also add a “Follow Me on Pinterest” button to your blog and social pages to get more people to follow your Pinterest boards.
2. Complete Your Profile
– Be sure to fill out your profile completely. They will ask if you want to make your profile invisible to the search engines. Be sure to choose “No”. You want the search engines to find you. Add as much detail as possible to your profile so others can get a feel of who you are.
3. Pin Not Only Your Products
– Don’t limit your pinning to pictures of your own products. Pin tidbits of helpful information, ideas, creative images and more. Stick to your topic of business but offer a wide variety of quality content. By offering answers and information you are looked at as an expert and you will attract more followers to your board(s).
4. Share Other People’s Images
– Use other images and quality content that complement your own boards. You can use your board(s) to share other interesting information with your followers, thus encouraging people to share your content in return.
5. Follow Popular Pinners
– When you follow someone, most of the time they will follow you back so it is important to get some of the most popular pinners linked back to your boards. This interaction will put your account in front of more people and grow your following.
6. Use Relevant Keywords
– Be sure to fill your pin descriptions with relevant keywords. Use hash tags whenever possible. Keep your descriptions brief but to the point using many relevant keywords to attract re-pins.
7. Connect Your Pinterest Account With Twitter/Facebook
– You can connect your Pinterest account with your Twitter email account. This will allow you to cross post your pins with your Twitter account followers. You could connect it with Facebook but you would have to use your personal page account.
8. You Can Use Your Social Accounts With Pinterest
– Using your Pinterest info on your Facebook, Twitter, etc., pages can help guide people back to your Pinterest account. Take advantage of this option to stir up more interest and followers.
9. Visual Yet Professional
– Eye candy is key on Pinterest! Pinterest is a visual network so you want to make your boards appealing to the eye. Keep your board(s) neat, clean, fun and professional at all times.
10. Have Fun
– Even though you are using your pinboard for business, you also want to add some fun and humor to your board(s). Brighten someone’s day with a cheerful or inspirational quote or some exciting good news. Be creative and make your board(s) fun and interesting. Never ever pin anything offensive or inappropriate.
Please keep in mind Pinterest is growing at a phenomenal rate. Be sure to check it out and sign up for an account now. Get your amazing board(s) set up for all to see. Pinterest can do wonders for your online and/or offline business success! Happy pinning 🙂
Are you using the above 10 Powerful Tips to Use for Pinterest Success. Pinterest for business? If yes, share your Pinterest handle name on the comments section below. You might get a follower or two!
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of A Latina Mom Blog. She is also owner at Books About Me. Sign up for the newsletter and never miss a powerful business marketing article plus receive a FREE eBook on ‘How to Rock Your Business with A Blog’.
If you enjoyed this business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!