The other day, I walked into a spa and realized how clueless some businesses are when it comes to using the web to market their business. Business planning and marketing is without a doubt important and no business can move forward to achieve the level of success it desires without it. The only marketing tactic this specific spa relied on was ‘word of mouth’. Although, ‘word of mouth’ is an effective tactic mentioned below, it shouldn’t be the only one a business owner should use to promote and/or market their services.
Below are “5 Effective Business Marketing Tactics” for successful results.
1. Social Media Marketing
– Social media is here to stay. If you’re not taking advantage, then you’re missing out big time! The top social media sites are FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, StumbleUpon and Digg. You don’t have to join them all but you should consider joining at least Facebook and Twitter. It is important to remember to interact and engage as much as possible on these social media platforms. Don’t just market your business but also communicate, engage and add value to your posts by connecting with your audience.
– Try promoting your business on YouTube. You don’t necessarily need to produce your own videos to find customers but creating your own videos is important. You can try and promote your business in million of other peoples video’s with YouTube’s in-video and in stream advertising. YouTube charges advertisers on a cost-per-thousand, or CPM. In-video ads are banner style graphics or text-based ads that run when the video begins to play. When clicked, the ads can point to your own videos or external URL. The In-stream ads are short videos ads that run before, during or after a YouTube video. These ads can’t be longer than 15 seconds for short videos.
– Mobile devices and smartphones are great for marketing your business. Finding customers with mobile phone and marketing means pulling people toward your messages or pushing those messages out such as text-messaging (SMS), mobile email, mobile search, mobile Internet, mobile apps, mobile content and mobile advertising.
– A valuable tool in your business’s overall marketing strategy. Word of mouth marketing often generate quality referrals because customers often rely on recommendations from other trusted sources. However, if you also combine this with the other marketing tactics mentioned through out this article, you are well on your way to a healthy marketing mix.
– Adding fresh and relevant content to a business’ blog/website can help boost your site’s ranking in search engines which in return can help you find customers. The more keyword-rich and quality content a blog/website has, the more likely it will rise near the top of searches engines for those particular search phrases. Article directories are also a great place to submit your written work and can result in lots of inbound links.
– If you’re a business owner, following the above tactics can help you get the marketing juices flowing for your own business success.
Are you marketing your business effectively? Share your thoughts!
Below, check out 10 marketing wisdom quotes presented by Hubspot that I think will inspire you in your business marketing quest. Enjoy!
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & business owner at BooksAboutMe. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative business sign up for the newsletter above or below!
If you liked this business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!