As I sit here in a hospital room, I look around at all the doctors and nurses that are working (and who for the most part) connected via their smartphones, iPads, and computers to the outside world (whether it’s medically or otherwise) and realizing how much people are constantly online. As I myself look down at my lap, I’m also connected via my smartphone and iPad writing this article…go figure!
From an entrepreneur’s perspective, it isn’t enough to market your business offline; it is also imperative to have an online presence. You never know who’s searching for something of value of which you may be able to offer in your business. Without an online presence, how can you reach your target audience?
Below are 5 imperative business tips at having an online presence:
1. Brand Recognition
– As businesses grow more competitive, one of the biggest challenges is building their brand. The reality is that a business saying their products/services is the best or highest quality is nothing short of proof. Potential customers need to not only see to believe, but experience to believe. If people are searching for your offer, your website and online presence is so much more than just a website. Your website should be and extension of your brand identity!
– Marketing your business is cost effective when you do it online. With the inclusion of social media, you’re able to reach a mass amount of people for FREE who are searching for your brand. Thanks to the Internet, it is as easy to sell halfway across the world as it is to sell across the street.
3. Low Overhead
– Starting an online presence means very low start-up costs. You have no building to construct, no vehicles to purchase and few (if any) staff to hire. All you need is a website to start selling. The Internet never sleeps and every portal you offer online gives your business a virtual 24-hour showcase for just a small website hosting fee.
4. Customer Contact
– Having an online presence allows you to answer questions, solve a customer’s problems and create a FAQ (frequently asked questions) section to direct your clients to for information. Plus, maintaining contact with your customers is worth the effort because it pays off in many measurable and attainable ways for your business relationship.
5. Worldwide Exposure
– An online presence allows you to connect and promote your business worldwide. Add some product video(s), write some articles and simply register your website with various search engines, social media sites and directories that reach more then a billion Internet users around the globe. Imagine the potential for your company, if you could expose your products/services to an unlimited number of interested people.
So whether your scoping a hospital, a cafeteria or wherever you may be at the moment, look around you and you’re more than likely see someone connected online. Wouldn’t you want a piece of that online real estate action? Maybe you’ll be the next company they’re searching for!
What about you? Do you have an online presence that has worked for your business? Tell us how by sharing your comments below. Thank you!
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog, The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom and biz owner at Books About Me and JimSon Designs. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative home business subscribe to her newsletter above or below.
Courtesy Image: Salvatore Vuono – freedigitalphotos.net
If you like this powerful business marketing article post, please share it with a friend or two by clicking the social media icons below. Thank you!