So now that you have your blog structure explained on the previous article posted on February 26th 2015. The next thing you want to learn is 5 simple tips on how to market your blog posts:
1. SEO promotion
The first thing you want to learn is SEO (search engine optimization) because it is still the number one traffic driver for all websites. A great place to check out is Google’s Keyword Tool which allows you to search keywords and see how many people are looking for particular topics to determine how competitive keywords are.
Also to boost traffic, allow links that compliment your blog theme within your site. Doing this helps build authority for your posts. Remember to be strategic and only allow links that add value to your own blog.
2. Social media
Next, share your blog posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and StumbleUpon.
- Twitter: You should make tweeting your posts a regular thing. Write an intriguing tweet with a link to your post. Try using your post title and then a link back to your blog. Use emotional triggers that you know will get someone to click on your link. You can always change it up by tweeting your posts more than once throughout the week.
- Facebook: You should also share your posts on Facebook for your readers to check out. Include an image on your posts and keep testing different time slots to see when your readers click on your links.
- Instagram: At the moment Instagram does not allow direct linking to your posts but nevertheless, it’s always great to let your followers there know you have new content on your blog. I use Instagram to let my followers know I have a new blog post to check out.
- Pinterest: A great way to also drive traffic back to your blog. Add your own images for Pinterest and include this in your promotional strategy. Check out other pinners and see how they posts on Pinterest to get your own ideas on how to present your own posts.
- LinkedIn: Now with publishing rights, you are able to publish your written work on LinkedIn. Make sure to include images and check out what other publishers have shared.
- Stumbleupon: Another great social media tool. It’s a simple process to “Stumble” posts and you never know which of your posts might get “Stumbled” by someone else thus providing additional traffic boosts back to your site. It’s a really smart way to get exposure beyond your regular social media circles.
3. Pitch your posts
Pitching your posts to other bloggers, press releases and newsletter is an important marketing tactic.
- Guest posting on other blogs: For instance, say you write a post that you know would be perfect for another blog, let that other blogger know about your post and why you think it would benefit their readers. Who knows, maybe you’ll also get a link!
- Press releases: Developing relationships with the press would be a great way to get added exposure on news sites in addition to other blogs. Show them your expertise on a certain topic and let them know why it will help the general population as well.
- Newsletters: I recommend (if your haven’t already) to start building your newsletter. It may take time to build up a list, but if you’re consistent you’ll have subscribers. When you do, email your readers once or twice a week to let them know about what’s going on within your blog. Newsletters are perfect for promoting specific quality content.
Infographics are fun and shareable. Using infographics as a form of promotion for your blog is a clever way of sharing your creative juices. Check out: http://piktochart.com.
Writing an eBook and creating videos are other fantastic ways to market your blog. If you’re a beginner blogger, then you might want to wait until you have a couple of posts under your belt before composing an eBook. However, there are many other royalty free eBooks you can use on your blog that can compliment your blog’s theme and benefit your readers. Same thing applies for making videos. Once you’ve established yourself as an expert in your field, showcasing tutorial videos are excellent for additional traffic.
Are you using these 5 Simple Tips on How to Market Your Blog Posts on your site? Please share by leaving your comments below. Thank you!
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of A Latina Mom Blog. She is also owner at Books About Me. Sign up for the newsletter and never miss a powerful business marketing article plus receive a FREE eBook on ‘How to Rock Your Business with A Blog’.
If you enjoyed this business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!