If you own a business, networking is a must.
Networking is meeting people and having the ability to tell them who you are and what you do in a precise and interesting manner.
Networking is referring people with a need to other reliable people and businesses. It is unselfishly helping others while you actively promote and meet new potential clients and contacts. It is a network of people who refer you and vice versa. It is a way to help other people as well as others helping you.
In networking, what goes around, comes around. Try not to network for purely selfish reasons, it will show, and the results will be far less effective.
Your networking success will be enhanced if you enjoy people and do not have any reservations about expressing yourself. By networking you can meet fascinating and interesting people.
Introduce yourself and tell others what your specialty in business is. Make friends and help one another. Networking group members usually turn to each other when they require information or products.
So how is networking good for business? Let’s take a look at how you can leverage networking to work for you with the following 5 tips:
1. Have you Google searched your name? Do a Google search of your name (biz name) and see how you come up. Do you have your Google+ page complete with your profile set up so someone searching Google can find you? Make sure you link your Google+ page to your other social media profile/pages.
2. How about Facebook & Twitter? You want to be found on different social media platforms so viewers can connect with you.
3. Do you have a YouTube account? The reason you should have a YouTube account is because it is the second highest ranked search engine behind Google (who owns YouTube)! Plus, YouTube is FREE! Remember, your prospective new visitor/client may be someone who searches YouTube for information. Are you there to be found or will they go to your competition who most likely already is on YouTube?
4. Do you have a blog? If you have a blog (highly recommended), always drive your viewers back to your blog, your brand and your hub.
5. Are you verified on Pinterest? Pinterest is a pinboard-style photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies, and so much more. Pinterest is one of the top 10 largest social network services and has approximately 11.7 million unique users. You definitely want to part of that crowd!
The goal is to get network visibility which allows you to be seen in many places and talked about everywhere especially through social media.
What about you? Are you networking for business. Let us know in the comments below.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog, and biz owner at Books About Me. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative home business subscribe to her newsletter below.
==> Let’s Get Social
Image credit by: Thanunkorn
If you liked this article post, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!