There are methods that have proven to be effective like blog commenting which can send highly targeted traffic back to your own blog/website.
When you provide intelligent, quality based comments on other blogs, you can be seen as an expert in your own field.
Below, are steps that I’m implementing and you can too, that can help your comments get approved by the blog owner:
1. Identify yourself when commenting:
- Bloggers are smart plain and simple. Bloggers will notice a spammed comment from a mile away. Stay away from spamming. Provide quality based comments on blogs.
- As you leave your comments, it is important to use your first name. You need to look like a real genuine person who’s contributing to the blogs content, rather than a spammer who is trying to get an anchor text filled with stuffed keywords to get noticed by the search engines. Search engines are becoming smarter as well. Offer quality based comments that relate to the article your commenting on and showcase your expertise.
2. Create a Gravatar image:
- Your gravatar image follows you whenever you leave a comment on a blog. Images are taken seriously by blog authors and you should have an image of yourself and/or your business that identifies who you are. Give the blogger a good reason to believe in you and not just think you’re spamming them. If you don’t have an image, check out http://en.gravatar.com/ and create your very own gravatar today!
3. Your URL links:
- Many bloggers offer to reward their commenter(s) by automatically placing a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment(s). As you link to your website from blog posts, avoid listing a URL that leads to a landing page for an affiliate and sales offer. Bloggers and search engines are becoming very aware of this slick tactic; avoid it as much as possible.
4. Add value to your comments:
- I cannot express enough how important it is to add value to your comments. People are more prepared to visit your blog/site if you can add insight to the topic at hand. People will respond to your comment if they can understand what you are saying. Remember, that people cannot see your expression or hear your voice. So, a well thought out comment is very much appreciated.
5. Is blog commenting a waste of time?:
- No matter what some people may say, blog commenting always worked and will continue to work. If you provide a well thought out comment with valuable insight within the topic discussion, it can add relevancy to your own niche.
- Always comment on other blogs the way you would like others to comment on your own, with dignity, value and the utmost respect. By doing so, your comments will get approved by the blog owner.
- Since Google applied the Panda/Penguin algorithm, many people feel that commenting may not drive traffic back to their site; commenting CAN drive traffic back to your site and it can also get you quality back links.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the above? Share by leaving your comment below.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog, and biz owner at Books About Me. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative home business subscribe to her newsletter below.
Image Credit: Stuart Miles
If you liked this article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!