Having the right type of skills to market a blog is essential to your blogs success.
Sometimes, many of those skills require a monetary investment; that let’s face it we simply can’t keep up with. Ads and pay per click options can get expensive and are out of reach at times. So there has to be a simpler way to market your blog.
The following business article will teach you the 6 simple tips on how to make your blog skills marketable:
1. Get a niche
Marketing without having a niche is a waste of time. It’s important to pick one topic for your blog’s theme. You should know the type of audience to target. Without selecting a specific niche for your blog, your marketing efforts will not see any real results because you are not aiming at anything in particular.
Select a niche that will allow you to provide your expertise and then focus on the right demographic.
2. Market research
Market research allows you to see what people are searching for on search engines and other social media sites. Find out what are the questions people need answers too. Can you provide them with the information they are seeking? By focusing on the big search items in your blog’s niche you can narrow in on what you want to blog about and make sure it is relevant to your audience.
3. Use keywords
Proper keyword placement is almost always at the core of any successful blog marketing strategy. When people search keywords on the Internet they’re expecting to find information directly related to the words they are searching on. When your blog provides these type of keywords, your blog will appear in the search engines. Keywords should add value to your content by describing and reflecting the core of your message.
Do not over stuff your content, allow it to flow easily. Keep it balanced and do not go overboard.
4. Good content
You should always strive to offer your readers good quality content. Your blogging skills should provide information that is beneficial to your readers. A well written (300-500 words) article with solid helpful tips can see a gradual rise in marketability. It’s important to hone your efforts on creating real content value while also being unique and setting yourself apart from all the rest.
5. Title well
Your blog post title is often the first thing a potential reader sees. Search engines also rank your post based on its title. Therefore, a title is very important to your blogs success as well.
Use relevant key words in your title for SEO (search engine optimization) ranking. Make your blog post titles attractive by grabbing your readers attention. Use a lot of high impact ‘call to action’ words to get your customers to respond. Make it easy for your visitors to comment and post their opinions whether they agree or disagree with the article’s title content. Acknowledge and respond promptly to your visitors’ comments.
Use numbers in blog post titles. List posts give readers a sense of how long the post is before they commit to reading it. Let readers know what to expect.
6. Get links
Another way to raise your ranking on search engines and also drive more organic traffic to your blog is to get good, high quality links. There are many ways to do this, and paying someone to link back to your site should not be one of them. You want links that compliment the niche of your websites’ brand.
What are the best ways to get links?
- Blog commenting is one of easiest ways to get links to your website. Search for blogs that are related to your niche and comment on them. It is important to only leave comments on blogs that are do-follow, otherwise the link will not count. Your comments should add value to the discussion. Don’t say something like “Great Post”, webmasters will consider that as spam and will delete it.
- Article marketing is also a great way to build links to your website. Write a few articles and submit them to various article directories. Remember and insert your website link into the bio section located under every article.
- Many blogs and websites need new content on a regular basis. If you enjoy writing, many of them will utilize guest posts to create content. You will write a quality article for them and they will post it on their site. In return, the article will have one or two links to your own website. You can also monetize your own written work as there are people waiting to buy information. Someone wants to buy your knowledge in every niche, in every area of interest and for every target market. Shouldn’t you get something ready for them to buy?
- Utilizing social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest can quickly increase the amount of links coming into your site. You only need to get a few re-tweets to quickly see an increase in traffic and links to your site. There are a number of additional techniques that can be used to build links to your website. The goal is to find effective methods that will help YOUR blog grow.
- Join blog carnivals (A blog owner hosts a party online and invites other bloggers to participate by writing on the same topic and linking back to the main host site) and offer your services to charities for a link on their sites. These 6 simple tips on how to make your blog skills marketable are just a few ways to do so.
Any blogger can follow these simple 6 tips on how to make your blog skills marketable. Let us know in the comments if you agree with the above.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of A Latina Mom Blog. She is also owner at Books About Me. Sign up for the newsletter and never miss a powerful business marketing article plus receive a FREE eBook on ‘How to Rock Your Business with A Blog.
If you liked this business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!