If you’ve noticed a decline in your blog page views, then it’s time to start attracting interest back to your blog with the following tips:
Re-purpose your older articles
If you’ve been blogging for a long time (like me) then you have an archive filled with older content that might need some updating. This task will require your time and patience. However, if it means bringing visitors back to your site, it’ll be worth it. Make sure to always back up your files for easy access. Once you locate those older articles, read them over and see if there is anything new you can add to the story. Was there an update on a particular topic you had written about? Include that into the old article and re-publish it again. You never know when you’ll strike up a memory or a revisit to a certain product page. Articles that are re-purposed, should include the right mix of resources that will enlighten the intended purpose of the original post.
2. Time for a theme change
We can all agree that once we’re comfortable with keeping things the same, it seems difficult to change things up a bit. In other words, old habits die hard. We become attached to our old ways that changing anything just seems so farfetched. I’m using this analogy for the sake of blogging. As much as we want to hold on to something old, from time to time, we need to tweak it a little. Blogging is no different. If you have the same blog theme for the past 5 years, then it might be time to get your creative juices flowing again. I’m definitely an advocate for new and improved things. I’m always coming up with new ways to improve both my blog and business.
3. Meet and greet
We meet and greet people offline all the time at parties, social events, meetings, etc. You want to take that same meet and greet concept and apply it to all of your social media channels, hangouts and networks. Meet your virtual friends by introducing your expertise and greet them with a taste of your knowledge. Do the following:
- Share other people’s tweets, posts and images on your own social media networks.
- Thank others who also share your content, tweets, images and send them a shout out. A simple “hey how you doing, thanks for sharing my post, tweet etc. ” will do.
- Ask questions and/or a CTA (call to action) to keep your readers engaged.
- Comment on other websites and share quality based feedback.
- Share important events, videos, articles and helpful resources within your network.
- Personalize your videos by showcasing your products/services. Embed these videos into your site.
- Create infographics, podcasts, videos and invite not only your loyal subscribers back to your site but also your network followers.
- Run contests, raffles and list them on all your social media accounts. Send an invitation to join for a chance to win a free gift.
- Provide value that will benefit your readers. The goal, after all is to attract interest back to your blog with new and improved ideas.
4. Keep track of your Network analytics
Keeping track of your insights, traffic, demographics, etc. is not only a smart thing to do but a necessary thing to do. Find out where your visitor is coming from. With a few codes that you enter into your blogs header, Google Analytics can help you make important decisions about your target audience, real time analytics, acquisition and behavior. These small but important tactics can help you achieve blogging success. Do the same analytical approach for facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
5. Talk about the benefit before the sale
Before starting a sales pitch, make sure you talk about the benefits first. We are constantly bombarded with reminders of how to buy something. From commercials, radio and now social media, the last thing we need is to see another product pushed into our faces. We should be reminding people of the benefit your product/service has to offer. How can you provide your reader’s with a resolution to their problem? What solutions can you provide that makes your product stand out from the rest?
Study your competition carefully. Can you improve on something they’re struggling with? When you find the answers, get to work implementing your strategies.
Allow new ideas, creative visions and determination to exhibit through out your business by learning how to attract interest back to your blog. After all, you deserve it!
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog, The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom and biz owner at Books About Me. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative home business subscribe to her newsletter.
If you liked this business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!