1. Avoid Losing Touch:
- Listen to customers. Pay attention to what they’re saying. People that are taken into consideration are loyal customers for life. Always stay in touch!
2. Build Trust:
- It is the foundation which relationships are built upon and where customer loyalty is determined. Value each customers’ time and views. Treat people the way you would like to be treated. Trust is a two-way street.
3. Accept Responsibility:
- Find out what works and do it over again. If customers are satisfied with your products/services, build upon that satisfaction. Ask yourself “How can I make it better?” Accept the responsibility to continue to make customers happy and feel special. When something goes wrong, it is your responsibility to fix it.
4. Accept Change:
- Understand that customers change their minds constantly. Our goal is to change right along with them. If a customer has an idea about how to make a certain product/service better, and it can be profitable for the business; consider it. Sometimes, what seems necessary today may not be so desirable tomorrow. Change can also mean growth!
5. Take Control:
- Always control the business message you’re sending out to your customers. How you want your business to be perceived is very important. People make snap judgements and you want them to sum you up as a successful, confident and professional person who is the driving force behind a reputable business.
Can you think of other skills to the above tips that have helped you connect with your customers? Please share your comments below.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & business owner at Books About Me and JimSon Designs. Sign up for her newsletter below for additional powerful business marketing tips.
If you liked this business marketing infographic, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!