Infographic How To Monetize Your Site With Affiliate Marketing
The following infographic will narrow down the basic components of affiliate marketing:
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting third party products and services, which earns the seller monetary payment for generating sales or leads.
How does it work?
- Choose a niche with profit potential.
- Find products to promote within the niche.
- Join the sales program as an affiliate.
- Receive a link from the merchant.
- Generate traffic to attract targeted prospects.
- Acquire a sale or lead for the merchant.
- Merchant pays money for the action taken.
* 51% of affiliates are male. 60% work from home. 47% have a four year degree.
The Marketing Components
It is not mandatory they you work through an affiliate network, but it does make it easier to find merchants with products to promote.
- Affiliate network: The selling platform that brings merchants and publishers together.
- Merchant: The company offering the products publishers can sell via the affiliate network.
- Publisher/Affiliate: An individual looking to promote products within a niche to earn money.
- Landing Page: The publisher generates targeted traffic to this online location.
- Autoresponder: Software that allows the publisher to collect leads and build an email list.
- Consumer/Subscriber: A person who clicks or buys through the publisher’s affiliate link.
Choose A Popular Niche
Keep your eyes alert for “HOT” trends. Any niche can be profitable as long as there are buyers and you promote it correctly, but here are some all-time favorites:
Health, Wealth & Romance
Weight loss and exercise.
Debt reduction and investing
Dating & marriage
Hobbies & Pests
Fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, boating and golfing.
*69 percent of affiliates sell consumer-related products. 1% of affiliates sell business-related products. 30% of affiliates sell both types of products.
Find Products To Promote
What factors determine if a publisher is willing to advertise merchant products?
- 62% commissions
- 54% product service relevancy
- 37% affiliate network or tracking platform
- 34% brand awareness
How do affiliate networks stack up? Where do most affiliates find products to promote?
- Shareasale 83.7%
- Commission Junction 77.8%
- LinkShare (Now Rakuten Marketing) 58.2%
- Google Affiliate Network 47.7% (They have retired the Google Affiliate Network. Read the update here).
- Link Connector: 43.1%
- 58% of traffic is created by blogging. Be a helper. Prove a product is worthy by buying it and offering an unbiased review from your blog. Add a video testimonial to prompt the viewers to visit the sales page for more information.
- 60% of traffic is leveraged via social media. Engage with video. Consumers that follow brands on social media watch posted videos. 51% of viewers will look up a new product if it’s mentioned in a video. Source: Digitas.
- 78% Share testimonials. Send a video testimonial to the merchant about their product or service. Most merchants will post the video to showcase how others feel about their products.
Build A Community
One of the best ways to get started with affiliate marketing is by building a list and filling it with people who want to learn more information about your niche. You will need:
- A lead capture landing page.
- A top-quality (free) incentive.
- An autoresponder.
Lead Capture Page:
This page collects the email addresses (and other information) from prospects to build a mailing list.
Top Quality Incentive:
A gift that’s offered to entice people to join your mailing list and agree to accept future contact from you.
Email software that helps you build a mailing list to deliver relevant information to your raving fans.
There you have it! I hope you’ve gained some knowledge with the above infographic How To Monetize Your Site With Affiliate Marketing.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom Blog. She is also owner at BooksAboutMe. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative home business subscribe to her newsletter.
If you liked this powerful business marketing post, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!