I’ve started my own online business – Now what?
People ask me this question all the time! The “Now What” part is what grabs my attention. There is so much more than just having an online presence. Just because you have a website does not mean your work is done. You need to constantly promote, promote, and promote some more.
Now that you have an online business, you need to practically advertise it every day. We all know that it will take at least seven visits to your online site by the same visitor to perhaps make a sale. Start off by asking yourself the following questions:
* What are you doing that is unique to keep that visitor coming back?
– Sometimes being unique is all it takes to stand out from the crowd. Being YOU is unique because there is only one YOU. So if you’re having a hard time with this, start with this concept.
* Why should someone spend their hard earned money on your product/service?
– Competition is widespread. You want to showcase the benefit of your product or service that people just can’t live without. Stand out from the rest and ask yourself the following:
- – Do you offer outstanding customer service?
- – Do you offer amazing discounts and or specials?
- – How soon can you get your products out the door?
* What makes your product/service unique?
– What is it about your particular product that is better and/or different (then say your competitors) that you can offer to your customers.
* When you do have an order, do you follow up?
– Keeping in touch with your customers is key to your business success. Follow up with them. Send your customers confirmation of their orders. Ask them if they are happy with their purchase and thank them for stopping by.
* Do you have a testimonial page on your site?
– Testimonials are always a great thing to feature on your site for other potential buyers to see if what you offer is reputable.
* Do you offer a money back guarantee?
– Money back guarantee simply means that if for any reason, your customers are unhappy with their purchase, i.e. the item they have ordered is defective, they can return it for prompt replacement or refund within 30 days of delivery. This gives customers ease of mind.
* Is it safe to order at your site?
– With the convenience of eCommerce and shopping carts, you want to make sure it is safe to order from your online business. Customers are strict about providing their credit card numbers online so it is important to ensure an easy and safe transaction. Check out 3DCart Shopping Cart Software.
* Is your site pleasant to visit? In other words, do the colors compliment each other?
– There’s nothing worse than visiting a site that shouts out loud backgrounds with hard to read a text. Keep your online site fresh and simple. White background with black text works wonders.
* Is your site easy to navigate?
– Along with a pleasant site, easy navigation is also important. Keep your site clutter free and allow your visitors to navigate without any confusion. A clutter free site is nice to look at.
* Do your images download fast?
– This makes a big difference on whether visitors will stay, let alone return! There are many plugins that help reduce images on a site…do your research.
Answer these questions and you’ll be surprised with the results. If you’ve answered YES to all of them, congratulations you’re on the right track. Keep in mind that you need to constantly advertise both online and off to get the word out about your online business.
Remember, having your own Newsletter is also a great marketing tool. Work on it and see for yourself. If you tackle these small but very important areas of your online business, you should have a better chance of keeping your visitors coming back and turning them into potential customers, which translate into SUCCESS!
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of A Latina Mom Blog. She is also the owner at Books About Me. Sign up for the newsletter and never miss a powerful business marketing article plus receive a FREE eBook on “How to Rock Your Business with A Blog.”
If you liked this business article post, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!