Where to Advertise Your Blog for the Best Results
Getting your blog set up is the easy part of the process. Now comes the difficult part – getting visitors! You need to find traffic to come to your blog or it won’t be a profitable investment of your time.
There are several different places where you can advertise your blog. Some will cost a small amount and others won’t cost you a penny. Start with the free options and as you begin to see a return on your investment of time, you can invest some profits back into marketing your blog with paid options.
In today’s world, networking is key to business success. More so, when you have a blog/site to further your advertising efforts of being seen. There are many free options you can take advantage of such as Facebook groups, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.
- Join message board communities. This is a simple way to advertise your blog. Interact with your fellow users and advertise your blog in your signature line, if it’s allowed. If it’s not allowed, there’s usually a folder available within that forum that does allow you to advertise your sites. Use them.
- Join a social networking site. These sites are a good way to network with like-minded people who are interested in the same subject your blog is about. Join the community and get to know the other members and then you can supply them with a link to your blog. Many in social networking circles provide cross-promotions, so you’ll probably accumulate a lot of valuable backlinks to your blog.
- Utilize social bookmarking sites. Write a great thought-provoking post on your blog and submit it to sites like Digg.com, StumbleUpon or del.icio.us. There are hundreds of people who spend hours at these sites searching for good websites to check out. Your blog can get a surge of traffic through this strategic and viral sharing method.
Join a blogging community. This offers you a way of connecting with other bloggers who may do a review on your blog for theirs, which would help drive more traffic to your site.
It is entirely up to you to take advantage of the paid services out there. The difference between the free and paid versions are faster responses. That’s not to say that the free option is all that bad just remember it’ll take a little longer to achieve results but with perseverance, you can do it. It’s just a matter of preference.
- Use advertising campaigns like Google AdWords. Place an ad on the search engine result pages and pay only when someone clicks on the link. Make sure you use the best keywords to get the ad noticed so that you can drive more traffic to your blog.
- Use text link advertising. Contact some of the more popular blogs in your niche and see if they would be willing to sell you some advertising space through text links. If the price is right, take the chance to have traffic driven to your site from theirs. Not all sites will be willing to do this, so keep trying different ones until you get one to say yes.
What could be a better platform than cell phones! With over billions of people owning cell phones globally, choosing cell phones as a medium for marketing can be one of the best strategies a start-up or a company can ever implement.
Statistics show that cell phone shares a greater market in the world than laptops, tablets, and computers. Moreover, with cell phones becoming smarter than ever, mobile advertising can be the trump card for the success of your business.
Advertising and promoting products through cell phones don’t require you to spend a fortune like a television commercial or print advertising. Mobile advertising always tends to be comparatively cheaper considering the number of people it reaches. Imagine borrowing thirty seconds of slot time on a happening channel to promote your products from a medium which is likely to get changed as soon as a commercial begins! However, you can always count on mobile advertising as they are bound to get the best of what you pay.
There are certainly more ways to accomplish effective advertising for your blog. You can market it the same way you would any other website online. The key is to keep costs down while maximizing your selling potential within the blog.
Check out 10 actionable ways to make money by blogging and how to repurpose your content to save and make money. You can also get my blog report here!
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog, The Biz Buzz of A Latina Mom and biz owner at Books About Me. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative home business subscribe to her newsletter above.
If you like this business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking the social media icons below. Thank you for your support!